Sunday 1 July 2012

Weekends are champion

I have really enjoyed this weekend. I have indulged a little, had a few beers, cooked  and eaten a scrumptious roast chicken (hold the gravy, cheese sauce, gravy and potatoes) and even delighted in some brownie and ambrosia desert to finish it off. The beauty of this weekend has been that I have still eaten bucket loads of fruit, stuck to my smoothie breakfast regime and exercised vigorously on a couple of occasions, and eaten relatively healthily. Chicken broth served on Barley, Humus and Lamb mince with toasted pita bread, Pumpkin chili soup, but the best of all fruit!!!!

 healthy meat option as long as you don't drown it in Gravy!!
The week is unfolding before me and the choices to eat healthily are becoming easier and easier, and with the two week break I gave myself has really given me some clarity on the sort of food choices I need to make, for myself and the sake of my family. My boys are really fascinated by the idea of a smoothie for breakfast. If anyone out there has some great toddler smoothie breaky recipes I would be a grateful recipient. My kids eat really well but I am keen to see what limiting dairy will do to a little guys health.. especially in the throws of an unusually cold Dunedin winter.


The next challenge on the horizon is to knock off a half marathon with  view to completing a marathon with in 12 months after that. I have approximately 10 weeks to get my arse into gear. Currently I can run about 10km and so really the next bit of training that I do will be extending that range out a little and regularly running with my running peeps, get back into the gym and get stronger and take the challenge one day at a time.


I am sure that my new found eating habits will be helpful, and I will write about the ins and outs of how I get to the start line of 21kms and hopefully how I finish the bugger. Short one tonight. In closing I love drinking coffee, and beer, and I love the fact that I can choose to drink or eat anything I like. I especially like the fact and am enjoying immensely the choices of food I am making today. I hope your weekend was choice. Arohanui

No comments:

Post a Comment